1.14.2009

The Club


There are two "clubs" where I live. The 2 a.m. club where parents like to party it up and the tennis club. Every weekend my best friend Katie and I have a routine; we bike down to the club, play some tennis on the ball machine, because we are at different levels, say hello to our friend Pegasus, or Raphael, then we split a chinese chicken salad (chicken on the side, extra crispies), and a grilled cheese with ketchup along with two APs. There are pros and cons about the club. One con is that it is old people central. They think they can play tennis, but they are simply overly competitive and they also have the authority to kick kids younger than 18 off a court...I know, lame. Every time I go to the club I am simply not welcomed by any of the adults; the one of few times I was noticed was for my tennis skill, obvi. Another con about the club is that it doesn't have a wii near the TV; any place that doesn't have a wii needs to get one. The pros of the club are that it does have delicious food that I can charge to my club account, so I don't need money. The club is also conveniently close to my house and it has a ping-pong table...I know, right? My sister and I especially enjoy the ping-pong table when she visits from college and as we finish a 40 minute session of tennis, we like to "get some diet cokes and talk about our feelings," as she likes to put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment